Public Records Disclosure Requests
Public Records Disclosure Request – please send your public records request to email@example.com
The Washington State Open Public Records Act (PRA) requires that all records maintained by state and local agencies be made available to all members of the public, with very narrow statutory exemptions. Chapter 42.56 RCW provides the statutory framework for disclosure of public records. The law also recognizes that there is a cost to the agency associated with responding to public records requests and it contains provisions to allow the agency to collect fees from those who requests records.
- General Records – Paper Copies $0.15 per page
- General Records – Electronic Copies $0.15 per page plus cost of media
- Medical Incident Report – Clerical Fee $26.00 per report
- Medical Incident Report – paper copies $0.96 per page, pages 1 – 30
- Medical Incident Report – paper copies $0.73 per page, pages 31+
- Medical Incident Report – electronic copies $0.15 per page plus cost of media
- Records mailed or shipped Actual cost of postage and container
- Video and Audio Tapes Actual cost to reproduce
The Public Records Officer may waive copying fees as a matter of administrative convenience for small requests. RCW 42.56.120 stipulates that “An agency may require a deposit in an amount not to exceed ten percent of the estimated cost of providing copies for a request. If an agency makes a request available on a partial or installment basis, the agency may charge for each part of the request as it is provided. If an installment of a records request is not claimed or reviewed, the agency is not obligated to fulfill the balance of the request.” WBFR will impose a ten percent deposit on large record requests.