Meet the West Benton Fire Rescue Team
Our career staff is responsible to run the weekday operations of the district. Our uniformed and non-uniformed staff are multifaceted individuals with extensive skill sets in community affairs, fire suppression and prevention, and emergency medical services. Our career staff works with our volunteer staff on a daily basis to provide the best possible service to the citizens of the City of Prosser and surround communities.
Board of Fire Commissioners
West Benton Fire Rescue is governed by a board of five Commissioners elected to serve 6 year terms. The Board develops the District’s overall strategic plan and long term vision. Working closely with the administrative staff, the Board guides the District through the adoption of policies and procedures. In addition to their work for the residents of the Prosser area, they are also actively involved in State and County associations that address issues related to the delivery of fire and emergency medical services.
Company officers provide structure in the department and leadership on the fire ground. Although it is every member’s responsibility to ensure that the department is always ready to respond to and mitigate any incident; it is the officer’s primary responsibility to ensure departmental readiness. This is accomplished by implementing proper training, ensuring appropriate equipment is available and maintained, by making good command decisions and by providing direction at incidents.
West Benton Fire Rescue strives to become an organization that:
- is fully prepared for all emergencies
- strives to provide resources and services that reflect the diverse needs of the community and environment
- is always preparing for future emergency needs
- is financially responsible, financially stable and that is enthusiastically supported by our community
- promotes a safe, productive and healthy work environment
- maintains a high level of legislative/management/workforce partnerships that embraces making decisions collaboratively
- influences and embraces change
- is committed to the professional development of its members and whose members are effective, empowered and enthusiastic about their service
Meet the volunteer firefighters that help keep our community safe.
The administrator position provides administration assistance, financial management, human resources and record keeping for the Fire Department. This position requires excellent organizational skills and the disposition to work well with other department members, local government representatives and the public.
The Administrator reports to the Fire Chief and the West Benton Regional Fire Authority Governance Board.