The West Benton Regional Fire Authority Governing Board will hold their regular meetings at 6:00pm on the first and third Tuesday of each month. Meetings will be held at the West Benton Regional Fire Authority headquarters, Fire Station #310, 1200 Grant Avenue, Prosser, WA 99350. All meetings are open to the public. Download 2022 Board Calendar.
The Public is welcome and encouraged to participate in meetings of the Governance Board. To allow fair treatment and equal opportunity for all who may wish to participate and to allow the Board to conduct its meeting in a businesslike manner, the following guidelines are for public participation:
- The Chairman will normally call on the Chief, Administrator or staff to review the agenda item and present a recommendation.
- The Chairman will normally allow Board Member comments on an item before opening the meeting to public comment.
- The Chairman will open the meeting to public comment and briefly outline the conditions under which persons may participate. Principal parties or representatives of interest groups will normally be allowed to speak first.
- The participant will be asked to identify his/her self and any affiliation pertinent to the matter.
- Comments from the public will normally be limited to three minutes. The Chairman may establish other guidelines as he/she sees fit based upon the number of those wishing to speak, the time available, or other factors.
- Following appropriate time for public comment, the Chairman will normally return the discussion to the Board Members and limit discussion until some action is taken, unless directed otherwise by a majority of the Board.
- The Chairman is expected to maintain control of the meeting and only one person is to be allowed to speak at one time and public applause or other demonstrations are to be minimized.